Flue Gas Desulfurization(FGD) System is a facility to eliminate sulfur oxide (SOx), which is a major material causing acid rain, and respiratory and skin diseases. SOx reduction technology is classified into two main categories: Wet and Dry FGD, and Wet FGD occupies roughly 87% in the whole world. In particular, the wet lime-gypsum FGD System has the most excellent sulfur removal efficiency, equipment reliability and economic feasibility to be used the most in the world.
KEPCO E&C has developed Korea Electric Power Absorption Reactor (KEPAR) to perform installation construction for the domestic thermal power plants.
Basic Reaction Formula
KEPAR (Korea Electric Power Absorption Reactor)
KEPAR is a cutting-edge FGD System developed by KEPCO E&C as a part of the government–led Environment Engineering G–7 Leading Technical Development Research Project. In addition, the creative gas–layered sieve tray absorber for flue gas which is designed based on the globally recognized wet lime–gypsum process is the main characteristic.
KEPAR System Schematic Diagram
- High Desulfurization Efficiency
- The economic feasibility has improved due to its Compact Design
- High-Purity Gypsum
- Low COD Concentration of Desulfurization Wastewater
- Completion of 200MW Class Yeongdong Units 1&2 and Seocheon Units 1&2
- Completion of KEPAR for the 350MW Class Pyeongtaek Unit 1
- Completion of KEPAR for the 100MW Class S. Jeju Units 3&4
- Completion of KEPAR for the 500MW Class Boryeong Units 1&2
- Applied for the patent in Korea, Japan, USA, Germany, and China